Friday, December 30, 2011

Last minute captain thoughts

I sent the following note to my friendly rival ForzaInter.  It's a bit like a 3-wood from 220 yards, pond left front, in a 1 down match on the par 5 18th, but here's the thinking -

I am really torn on the armband.  For the reasons I set out on the blog and to you earlier, I think RvP may be as much as 75/25 not to start.  I tell you, if I could be assured this Thierry Henry signing was nailed on in time for Fulham, I would have a fair degree of confidence that RvP would start this GW.  Wenger has flat out said the Shearer record won't come into play (hint, hint: (in French accent, and more politely) 'he won't start as we have to, have to, have to, get a 4th place CL spot and I am a f***-uvalot more concerned about a trip to Craven Cottage in 2 days than with relegation fodder QPR'), but I wonder if he won't give RvP a first half go at it[the record] against QPR.  So, I am gritting my teeth, and hoping; and giving the armband to RvP, at least for the next hour or so while I scour the internet for any further tidbits, speculation or commenter dream interpretations or the reading of entrails.  The other reason for gambling on RvP is . . . I have no confidence Nani is assured of a place (or Sturridge at Chelsea for that matter) against a hopeless BLA side.  So, I have placed the (vc) on Valencia.  Sure, SAF could give a run-out to Rafael, but I think Valencia has (i) better odds of starting/finishing than Nani and (ii) Valencia look Man Utd's form player right now.
 
A bit of context: I transferred in Valencia/McAuley last night for Moses/Kompany to beat their respective 0.1 price increases last night. 
 
See you all on the other side of the New Year . . .
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment